Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have tried to set up my cash register but now after I

Customer Question

I have tried to set up my cash register but now after I turned it off and on again it is asking for a pin
the default is 888888 but this only allows me to go to point of sale and still asks for p/w and pin to get into settings
it is a zonerich zq-ecr800 that I bought of from ebay- also the installation disc asks for a pin
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

The simplest answer to your problem is, return it to the eBay vendor for a refund! unless this condition, obviously used previously and set up previously, was a condition of the sale. I.e., if it was sold New, you should complain and return it promptly.

If it was sold Used, that's a different problem - and this sort of condition is more or less expectable. In that case you would want to reset the cash register completely to factory defaults, of course, in order to wipe out any password ***** pin codes it might have in its setup.

Let me know which of these two it was, and if it was sold Used/As-is, then I will try to help you through that sort of problem.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell
It was sold brand new and worked when I first started it up and went straight to settings
I might have ticked or unticked the wrong box when I set it up for the first time
It's the first time I have ever used a register
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I cannot explain why it would require all those codes - which you did not set and do not know the value of - if it's new.

Well, you can try the standard default password *****:

1111

11111

0000

00000

and of course

1234

12345

Would you be willing to have it be reset back to defaults, if there is a way to do that at this point?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Russell
I have tried all these codes
Back to default would be fine if possible
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I regret to have to report, after a search, that information as to a hard reset or factory reset is not available.

I must apologize, and also Opt Out, of this case. Hopefully another Expert in this category will have an idea to offer for the problem you have asked about, that might be of use.