Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I need help with a Panasonic strata cn-hs400 nav system

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

Please tell me about the problem you have with the Panasonic system, or what you want to know about it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I have a 2005 Mazda 6 that came with a Panasonic Strada, cn-hs400 nav system. I bought the car used from Japan. However, ever since I got the car the nav system only booted twice randomly. The screen just says Strata 98% of the time ... what can I do? Can this unit be reset? If yes...How do I reset? Or is there another remedy..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is a pic of the navy screen
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

If an electronic device mostly shows the startup logo, or the maker's name logo, then it is having trouble with fully initializing.

That's a severe error, usually requiring electronics servicing, possibly of an expensive order of magnitude.

The next question is: How old is the automobile it came in? it sound like a Used vehicle, not new, so it would have no warranty that could be extended to the Panasonic device in it.

If it just shows that image, "* Strada", and does not respond to buttons, then it will need servicing... except in one case: if the antenna connection is loose, corroded, dirt, or otherwise doubtful.

Examine the antenna connector/connection on the Strada device. Disconnect the antenna, and use a clean dry brush to scrub both sides of the connector. Wipe the metal of the connectors off with a clean dry rag cloth until the metal shines. Then re-connect firmly, and see if the performance improves some or considerably.

If that produces no improvement, your device is 'broken' in some way, and will need repair-servicing... or replacing, if that would be preferable.