Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I have a Sharp ER-A320 cash register last night it went out

Customer Question

I have a Sharp ER-A320 cash register last night it went out the E for error comes up but the only key that will work are the two that make the tape advance
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I am Tech Michael and will be assisting you today. I am a Master Technician that's dedicated to giving you the best Answer possible.

If you are new to the site, this is briefly how it works:

1. We may need some back and forth to exchange information (if needed) and there is no extra cost for replying.

2. I will give you the best possible Answer for your problem without the ability of actually being present with you.

The better you describe the problem, the quicker I can help ;-)

3. Remember to leave a Positive Rating after we're finished. it doesn't cost anything additional to rate kindly;-)

I am only compensated for my time and expertise if you rate kindly.

Were there any storms or power outages just prior to this problem?

Also How old is your cash register?

Thank You,

Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if there were any outages I know the bartenders had changed tape shortly before it went out is there a chance a paper clip or something fell into the paper area and shorted it out and if so why would the error symbol still come out and the two paper feeds still work the register is 8 to 10 years old I believe,
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi and thanks for that info. I was going to say this problem is a main board component failure and will require service from a local repair shop most areas have at least one guy that does this. If you need help locating a place for that please let me know.

When the short occurred it went so far as to damage the main board as is always possible with this model and most others.

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael