Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

Panasonic projector will switch to standby mode immediately

Customer Question

Panasonic projector will switch to standby mode immediately after the power button is pushed
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, What LED indicators are lit on the unit when it shuts down please (Temp, Lamp, Power)?

Also when was the last time the Lamp was replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Power, and it was changed just today.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, did the issue occur only AFTER you replaced the Lamp?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no, it happened first so I thought the lamp is gone. I purchased a new lamp and replaced it. But it is still doing the same thing. As soon as I press power button it turns green and the lamp comes on for half a second and then it goes to standby mode
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Can you hear the fan fire up when you press power?

Also, does the Power light come on solid, or start blinking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do not hear the fan. Solid
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fan comes on when the lapm comes on since the lamp turns off after half a second the fan does not come on
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, the projector shutting right down with the red power light on steady means the internal temperature is too high- and this is most commonly caused by the fan not running. Since you can't hear the fan running- it's likely your fan has become clogged/dirty, or has failed. In order to fix this yourself, you will need to dismantle the projector, then clean the fan using a brush and a vacuum, then put a drop off WD-40 or mineral oil at the spindle of the fan.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the projector has been off for 5 days. So it is not hot. After turning it on for the first time after 5 days the tempreture should not be the issue. I also opened the unit and cleaned evreything it was not that dirty either
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, well I will opt out then.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry what does that mean?
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry, but I will need to opt out- which simply opens the question for other Experts to assist. Please do not rate at this point, as it may hinder another from participating in this dialog. If you're not interested in any further assistance with this problem, you can self-refund by simply checking the HELP link below, or contacting Customer Service from the Home Page.
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you how to reset the lamp time to 0 ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lamp runtime
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not using the menu since I cannot see the menu