Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

We have a Peavey XR 600E mixer and our microphones will not

Customer Question

We have a Peavey
XR 600E
mixer and our microphones will not work with the controls. it is being controlled through the main. how do we make the mics work where they are suppose to.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Can you please elaborate on exactly what the problem is that you're having? I don't know what you're saying in your question. The mics will not work, they are being controlled through the main??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I Have a Peavey XR600E Sound Mixer. It has 6 channels and two of them have mics plugged in. The controls above the mics will not change the volume but when we turn the (main) which controls our speakers, it also turns our mics up
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay I understand. Which two channels are the Mics connected to, and what jacks are they plugged into (XLR, 1/4", etc.)?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Right now the 1st and 3rd. We have tried them all.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What kind of mics are we dealing with here- and what plugs do they have on the ends- XLR or 1/4"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They are cordless mics and one is wired. One is a Karaoke mic (singing machine) and the others are Dual VHF Wireless systemPDWM 2500
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Plugs used on the Mixer are? (XLR or 1/4")?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
1/4 in
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Just to check elementary things- you are plugging the Mics into Input jacks 1-6 directly above the XLR connections?

Do the Low,Mid and High controls on each channel work to control the Mic sound?

Also, how long have you owned the Mixer for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the mics work but they cant be controlled by the controls. only by the main. We just got it but from a friend.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

You're not understanding what I am asking- I know they work- I read your question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm not STUPID! I have a masters thank you. You are not understanding. The mics are where they are suppose to be. I am asking why the main is controlling them.