Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I BOUGHT A NOOK OFF OF EBAY, BECAUSE OF A LACK OF PASSWORD I

Customer Question

I BOUGHT A NOOK OFF OF EBAY, BECAUSE OF A LACK OF PASSWORD ***** CAN'T UNREGISTER IT. IS THEIR ANOTHER WAY OF DOING THIS ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, good morning, yes you can do that. May I have the model of your Nook, please include all details you can locate as to the model and #;-)

Also please explain why you bought a used one? Was it because you couldn't get yours to work due to not remembering the PW etc?

Thank you

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh I forgot the model #...BNRZ100 (Nook first gen)
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thank you

is it that there is a problem with your PW?

Or account?

Ar something else that you have trouble with?

Please be specific so I can help you quickly solve this.

Thanks

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
As I said before, I bought a second nook because I wanted to make sure I had an extra nook cord as my Nook is fussy about what cord I use to connect it to the computer. I got this nook along with the cord-cheap because no one can figure out how to unlock it...it came in a Salvation Army Bin. It belonged to someone else and nobody knows the password. How do I get by it and start over again?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do you need the serial number?
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi have you tried this?

Please visit this page let me know if this works for you or you need another route.

No I don't need the SN yet.

Thanks for your patience.

Tech Mike

Please visit: http://www.nook.com/gb/forgot-password

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No that's not going to work...they want the original email and it belongs to the original owner. I need to know how to override this and reset this nook back to factory settings so I can start over again in my name. They are only going to send the pw reset to the old original email address that I have no access to.
Wendy
Serial #1000550159780034
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for that, the only way to do this unfortunately is by e mailing the problem to

: *****@******.***

They can help you bypass that security but it must be from you the request so they know you own the Nook, its for your protection. They can help you with this problem.

But try this first, let me know what happens.

1.Ensure your NOOKcolor is powered off; to do so,depress the power button for 5 seconds. Your LCD screen should turn off
2.With your NOOKcolor powered off, Hold the Home Key (NOOK "n," logo below the LCD), while simultaneously depressing the Power Button for up to 25 seconds.
3. Your NOOKcolor will begin the start up process, Do NOT let go until a confirmation window appears asking if you would like to, "Factory Reset Your Device?" This will De-Register as well as erase all content and information on your NOOKcolor (Including the 4 Digit Pass-code
4. Depress the Home Key to continue with the Factory Reset
5. Depress the Home Key again to Confirm
6. Your device will now begin the clearing process. Upon completion you will regain access to your NOOKcolor however all account and personal information (email, contacts, pass-code, credit card, etc..) will be deleted from your device. You will then be able to Re-Register your NOOK and start a new setup;-)