Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Pioneer AVH-3700-BHS. Bought unit last winter. Installed it

Customer Question

Pioneer AVH-3700-BHS. Bought unit last winter. Installed it in February and it worked fine up until 3 weeks ago. First, it started by not allowing me to adjust the volume (at crucial times I might add... Pulled over for tail light out and at drive through window...lol). Then, it started cutting off methodically, but would kick right back on. Then it started doing it more and would stay off longer. Now, I cannot get it to come on. Sounds like a loose or burning out fuse, right?! Nope. Changed all fuses. Checked all wires. The strange thing is that that unit's panel lights come on when I turn the car lights on, so something is working in there. FYI.. I did hook up the brake bypass and I'm trying to get my reverse camera to work, but haven't had any luck with that. Hope you can help on this. I just saw on line that these over priced receivers are only under warranty for 6 months and Murphy's law here. It's been just over 6 months! Thanks for your help. Ronda (Ronnie) Diven
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ronnie, Good morning.

Nope your wrong, your unit should be covered for at least 1 full year;-)

When exactly did you buy this Pioneer receiver unit? And from where?

I already know this problem well lol.

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I bought it off Amazon sometime in January. It hasn't been a year I'd have to check on the exact date.
I did see the 6 month warranty issue on line for this product but that aside I hope I don't have to go through the hassle of returning it. I am hoping it's something that can be corrected. i forgot to mention that I started seeing messages like "no signal". Very strange. This unit got 5 stars. Is this common? Do you think it can be fixed
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
  • Hi, I wish I had better news, But Amazon is usually very good about this when it comes to returns and exchanges, I use them all the time. I would try a different set of cables first to be sure, but this problem is going to be the board 9 out of 10 times. But once you have the new board I will help you so you dont damage that one accidentally. Also to be sure the whole set up goes as planned. If you are in the US, we can talk on the phone so you can get all the info you may need when settign up the TV with the new main.

Please rate kindly at this time, so we can remain together, there is no cost for you to rate but I don't receive any credit for my time nd expertise with you if you dont rate at least.

• Thank you
  • Tech Michael If you would like a phone call, please let me knwo and I can send you an offer. I will keep that also as cheap as possible. $5.00.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi please ignore that post, it sent to the wrong customer for some reason, the site has been acting up today lol.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Ronnie, have you tried a system factory reset at all during these times?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Sorry it's been so long. Had to work some long hours. Anyway, I do not know how to do a factory reset. I will try that if you can explain how to do it. But I cannot even get it to come on every time to do that. It's off more than on. I wonder if it's more my car than the radio because now i am now having problems with the electronics on the drivers side of my car. My door ajar light and interior lights stay on until I put my car in drive and cannot lock my car using the keypad or key fob. I have the brake bypass. Hope that's not causing these problems. I did have a brake issue fixed recently. None of this happened until about 6 weeks ago now. don't think the harness is bad because the side panel lights on the unit come on when the outside lights are on. Just very coincidental that the radio and car electrobics are acting up at same time. Sorry for the long email.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ronnie, I will continue with you until we have this solved one way or another, but please rate kindly so I can.

There is no cost to do that;-)

I will send you that ifo on Monday when the site is back up that Pioneer has for this;-)

Thanks Ronnie.

Tech Mike