Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Sherman 5 CD changer. the CD when the "open/close"

Customer Question

I have a Sherman 5 CD changer. the CD when the "open/close" button is pushed, the drawer does not open & "error" is showing on display?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

do you know if anything is stuck in the unit? If so, you may have to disassemble it partially to remove the obstruction. However, one thing you can try is unplugging the system and then while holding in the eject button plug the system back into power and continue to hold the eject button for about 10 seconds. If that does not clear the problem, then it may be time to open it up. Is there any more information with the error that shows up?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is nothing "stuck" inside. no CD's inside. tried your suggestion, still showing "error"-not other information

Then I'm afraid it will need to be serviced. If you would like me to find an authorized service provider in your area, let me know and I'll be happy to help.

Have I answered your question or do you need additional information?

I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service, OK, GOOD, or EXCELLENT at your convenience.