Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have been trying to connect my Bose Soundtouch portable to

Customer Question

I have been trying to connect my Bose Soundtouch portable to a new router. I had no issues with the Soundtouch 30. The portable doesnt show the wireless icon in any color. It seems to have vanished. Suggestions?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Please scroll to page 21 of the Bose manual at the link below and follow the instructions to "Reset to Factory Settings". Let me know what happens please.

http://worldwide.bose.com/productsupport/assets/pdf/guides/soundtouch_30_20/nb/soundtouch_30_20_og.pdf

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to see if you had any luck resetting the Bose?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay your answer did restore my wireless connectivity, but the main part of the question was maintaining the connection. I would like to withhold final judgement until this speaker has been off for awhile and when I go back to it, the connection is still there. Feel free to email me in a day or two and I will verify that everything is a ok! I do appreciate you finding that answer. I wish I had been able to find my manual, but now I know where to look.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply, and as far as the Bose not maintaining connection- that would be inherent to the Bose itself- not something I could control. The reset is the only possible user fix for this, and beyond that it's something Bose would need to repair. I can only give you steps you can take on your own to solve this, and hardware repairs are simply something I cannot address. Also keep in mind you can follow up at any time at no additional cost even once you've rated my service- which is not rating the possible issues with the Bose.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click the 5 STAR RATING, at the top of the page for my efforts. It is my livelihood and you can follow up at any time if needed.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?