Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

We locked our safe and then the batteries went dead. I

Customer Question

We locked our safe and then the batteries went dead. I replaced those but we cannot remember the combo nor can we find our owners manual. It's a SBW3500 Sentry Safe
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Good morning, below is a link to our user manual. Try the suggestions there.

You can also copy this to your computers files for future reference or print that one from there;-)

Also a common issue with this model, is the battery contact in the battery box. They need to be cleaned with some WD-40 or similar solvent on a Q tip, use sparingly. Also I recommend only brand new Duracell batteries because this one draws a lot of amperage to open the bolt. This advice really make s a huge difference.

Here is the user manual please visit: http://www.sentrysafe.com/pdfs/OwnersManuals/514472.pdf

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime.

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I had already consulted the online manual. I did that before I emailed you. The problem is I do not have the factory code nor the code we set it to. The batteries work just fine and the contacts were fine as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The front page of the manual has the factory code and that is what I don't have. The online one doesn't have that code.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I can rate you fairly enough without us getting my issue solved
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I have been fixing these for over 30 years and am sure if you have the master code and the safe is giving you this trouble, that the problem is 99% of the time a poor connection or poor battery voltage.

You would really be surprised. But there are a few instances where a part such as the magnet or spring inside has failed or become weak, In that case you cant fix this yourself and it would need to be done by a locksmith or Sentry Safe themselves due to experience and part(s) needed to make the repair.

Please check the contacts and try my solution but if that doesn't work you will need to contact either a local locksmith or Sentry Safe:***-***-****.

Please rate my service kindly as it is the only way I am compensated for my time and expertise with you. There is no cost to you for rating kindly;-)

Thank you and have a great day!

Tech Michael

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The problem is I do not have the master code...
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I understand,

How the phone # ***** sent to you will be able to help you with this. But since this is a safe, Sentry Safe will need to verify that you are the rightful owner so that your contents are safe as they should be.

There are some other ways to open the safe but they would damage it in the process.

Please call: ***-***-**** for the correct master combination.

If you cant do it that way for any reason please let me know and I will help you the other way;-)

Thanks

Tech Michael