Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Can I use motorola T461 at channel 3, frequency 430.125 code

Customer Question

Can I use motorola T461 at channel 3, frequency 430.125 code 67.0
If yes. What do I need to do? Please instruct me. Thank you so much
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,

Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...

Initially, the Motorola Talkabout T461 are designated as FRS/GMRS Two-Way Radios. As such, these radios are factory programmed / locked for 462 & 467 MHz operations as prescribed by government regulations. Please click HERE for the specific frequency assigned to each channel.

Based on the above, it is not possible to down-tune its Ch 3(###) ###-####Hz to 430.125MHz.

I realize that the above information may perhaps be not what was expected. Unfortunately, it is a government imposed design restriction; sorry for having to be the bearer of bad news.