Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Im told by my internet provider tech I need a driver to

Customer Question

Im told by my internet provider tech I need a driver to enable my desktop computer to connect to my wireless internet. My phone connects but the desktop wont... Im sending this msg frm my phone. The problem w/desktop has been an ongoing ordeal for months & I've always been able to reset the equipment & finally connect, but not this time. I have a new router, modem & outside cable so Im told its in my Acer computer..I give up. Can you send me a driver to connect me. I have a DLink 130 Wireless antenna on the control unit but the idem & router are at the other end if my house. My PC details are as follows. Please help. I cant afford to pay tech support. Im retired & on fixed income. If I can download a driver to my phone, please help. My phn nmbr is(###) ###-####& email address is ***@******.***
Mfg date 2008/10/17,
SN PRSAT0X032842056523003;
SNID ***********
ID AX3200-U3600A
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is*****'m here to help you with the best possible advise.

Unfortunately there are many obstacles in place to make drivers downloadable into a phone then to transfer them into the computer is just as complicated, so it would be far easier, and cost efficient for you to buy a small and affordable USB Wireless adapter for your Acer Computer. the ones I recommend are as follow:

- NETGEAR G54/N150 WiFi Mini USB Adapter (WNA1000M) for about 24.99 at Staples or Best-Buy

- Belkin N300 Wireless USB Adapter (F7D2102) for about 29.99 at Staples or Best-Buy

These adapters come with the necessary drivers that are very easy to install in a matter of a couple of clicks.....Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I dont know yet how to rate this service because I havent tried the recommended solution yet. It it doesnt work, im out about $60 for nothing, for the USB drive & cost of JustAnswer. The response was timely & professional. Thank you Michael. I'll see if this works. God bless & have a good day. Janie Boehler

Janie, thank you for the reply. You can rate my service favorably and you still have the JustAnswer 100% moneyback guarantee. You can find out the details on it at the JustAnswer support page by clicking contact us.