Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

My Kindle Fire refuses to charge: I was able to fix it once

Customer Question

My Kindle Fire refuses to charge: I was able to fix it once by holding on button 60 seconds, but when that reading with its charge left, I cannot obtain a recharge. The green light temporarily goes on, says there is not enough electricity to maintain on status; On occasion moving the charger a bit results in a yellow-orange light which then disappears.
How do I get this fixed????
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do I need to send the device somewhere to have it fixed? If so, please advise me to where.....
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for your question. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.

Did you try charging using a USB cable ?

Is it the same with the USB cable too ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried using several cables to the electric outlet, but not to the computer. I think I tried once to the computer outlet but I did not have it placed in any particular computer site.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do n ot know if you sent an answer.....I cannot find my telephone. I misplace it all the time. Could you call the number on my cell phone, or call me at my home number of(###) ###-#### ***** let me know if you emailed me?????

I'm sorry to say its a hardware the problem. The jack which connects the power cable has dislodged or has become loose.

As a result of which the power is unable to reach the kindle and in turn unable to charge the battery and the only option left is to replace the jack.For that you have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them, and obtain an RA# ***** to sending it. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one at a lesser cost. Here is the link for Kindle Service and Warranty information along with their phone number.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kland_faq_warserv?nodeId=200144510&/lwarranty

You can also contact kindle support at

United States: 1-***-***-****

Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the information. I found my Iphone and your message. Please send it to my email as well so I can print out the information. I will try to call the number: I did in the past month, and they would not answer.....indefinite wait on the call which was forwarded by someone who had answered.

It has already been sent to your Email.

It's Amazon they will definitely help you out.

Please take a moment to rate my service by clicking on one of the stars at the top > then click Submit.