Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Experience:  Engineer / Consultant
5229702

I have an Oregon 450 with a damaged touchscreen. Is it

Customer Question

I have an Oregon 450 with a damaged touchscreen. Is it repair-able?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier.

I checked the Garmin out of warranty repair page (link below), and it does show that the Oregon device CAN be repaired - for a flat fee.

http://www8.garmin.com/support/outofwarranty.html

If you visit that link and select your device from the pull-down list, you can see the quote AND the rest of the steps for sending the device in to have it repaired.

NOTE: You MUST get all "the numbers" mentioned on that page for the repair center to accept the device when shipped to them, so make sure you do that.

Most of the time I like to call the support folks (contact number on that page) and VERIFY that they can do the job, or have a replacement for me.

I hope this helps. Please let me know your results or if you have more questions.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate my service level (Excellent is my goal) so that I get credit for helping you today. You should see some "smiley faces" or "stars" to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****

Expert:  Greg A. replied 1 year ago.

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue or if the issue was resolved.

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)