Rahul P.
Rahul P., Engineer
Experience:  10 years of experience in Electronics & Applications
13842863

My Kindle Paperwhite is frozen. Turning power off (20+

Customer Question

My Kindle Paperwhite is frozen. Turning power off (20+ seconds) and then back on doesn't help. It happened while I was trying to update my credit card (old one expired) and that was not responding either.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I realize you tried pressing and holding the power button for 20+ seconds, but please try all of the steps below exactly as outlined and let me know what happens.

Press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

NOTE:
_____

This clears up the issues you're having 90% of the times, but in the rare case that it does not, the problem may go deeper than a software issue. If this is the case, please reply back with how long you've had the Kindle for, and I will continue to assist you.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please keep in mind that we are all independent Techs on here, working on our own time, and are only credited a portion of the deposit one we are rated POSITIVELY.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need any further assistance with this?

Expert:  Rahul P. replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to justanswer.

Your kindle 2 must be registered to the same amazon account.
From your computer log into your amazon account.
Then go to "manage your kindle" option.
There you will see your books, from there choose the book you want in your new kindle, click it and you will see a action menu and from there click "send to " or "deliver to" your kindle name will be there. Then the books will be send to your kindle.
After that sync your kindle once by going to menu and then sync.
And the books will be there.
Hope it helps.Please leave a positive rating.
Regards.
It would be kind enough to give a positive rating to my answer, but if you are going to click either "Poor service" or "Bad service", please stop and click on the REPLY or CONTINUE CONVERSATION button so that i will be happy to assist you with your problem