Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

Can not change channels on my sling box

Customer Question

Can not change channels on my sling box
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer...my name is ***** ***** I can help you resolve your Slingbox Problem.

The first thing to check is the IR Blaster.
The IR Blaster is that black thing that should be hanging over the front edge of the device that you want to control. Make sure that it is sitting properly in front of the device, Sometimes they get dislodged and aren't in the right place anymore.

Next, check the IR cable.
Make sure that the cable for the IR blaster is fully inserted into the proper port on the back of your Slingbox.

If this doesn't work, verify the software setup.

There are two ways to do this. You can do either:

• Go to Setup on Slingbox.com (there's a link below) and run through the setup of your Slingbox again.

• Launch SlingPlayer on your computer (PC or Mac) and go through the Setup Assistantagain. On the PC, it's under the Settings menu. On the Mac, it's under the Help menu.

In either place, as you go through setting up your Slingbox, make sure that you specify the make and model of the device that you want to control.