Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

The time on my garmin watch is not changing and the

Customer Question

The time on my garmin watch is not changing and the backlight is constantly on. None of the keys are functioning and so nothing changes. The watch is not charging when plugged in. What is the problem?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

It might perhaps be that the Garmin device is stuck in time-set mode. So to eliminate that as a possible cause, I would advise that you try to set the time on it, and see if it responds to that. (If it doesn't seem to respond at first, try going through all the button-presses that would set time on it, in sequence, and maybe it will 'pick up' on the sequence at some point and start working again.)

But I doubt that. It sounds as if it has a severe internal control circuitry problem.

If so... How old is it? and, would you consider removing its battery and letting it have a 'rest-reset' for several days? that might bring it back to life again.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not use the information you sent to me. I tried recharging the watch overnight and by morning it had taken a charge. I used it yesterday and it worked OK.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

I'm glad to hear that.

How old is the watch (or its battery, if the battery is not the one that came with it originally) ?