Md. Sadique
Md. Sadique, Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in applied electronics and instrumentation with 7 yrs + hands on experience in Consumer Electronics equipments and Circuitry
22727371

A bottle of water leaked in my purse on my Kindle Fire. I

Customer Question

A bottle of water leaked in my purse on my Kindle Fire. I put it in rice overnight and when I plug it in it lights up the screen with KINDLE FIRE, but I can't get it to do anything else. Can you help?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Md. Sadique replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with the best answer possible.
The problem is that water conducts electricity. When the water fell on your Kindle, it also went inside the Kindle to the main board etc. The moment you turned the Kindle while it was still wet inside, the Kindle experienced a number of short circuits and crossed connections due to which many electronics components and circuits has damaged.

Kindle contains both electronic and mechanical components. When water is spilled in it , the water can form current bridges that will prevent the device from operating correctly.
The moment water got spilled you should have disassembled the Kindle and then clean and eliminate any water and deposits from the circuit board by using a drying agent like acetone.

Now, the Kindle has to be opened and the components needs to be thoroughly checked and diagnosed. The damaged components needs to be replaced to get back everything to alright.

You have to send it to Amazon because amazon directly supports and services the Kindle. You'll need to call them, and obtain an RA# ***** to sending it. In some cases, Amazon will not repair the Kindle and instead will offer a refurbished one at a lesser cost. Here is the link for Kindle Service and Warranty information along with their phone number.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=hp_kland_faq_warserv?nodeId=200144510&/lwarranty

You can also contact kindle support at

United States: 1-***-***-****

Outside the United States: 1-***-***-****