Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I bought a uniden home patrol 1 in jan. 2015 from scanner

Customer Question

I bought a uniden home patrol 1 in jan. 2015 from scanner master. In July the sd card became corruped sent it to scanner master to reprogram at a cost of 55 dollars..yesterday same thing happended again... is this a expensive piece of junk ????
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi, good morning, UUgg, I'm sorry to hear that.

This isn't the top of the line scanner but it is a good one in most cases and should not have this issue.

Its rare that this happens, but fortunately you are still under warranty so I'm not sure why you were charged a fee for this. Unless you used an outside the company repair shop?

This is a problem you possibly could be causing if you are doing something wrong all the time, as it only happens if you enter too many frequencies or there is a defective PROM IC.

This is a part that is soldered in place on the PC board.

It is still fully warranted so my best advice to you is to contact the manufacturer and have them replace the unit rather than the IC since you are entitled to that form them under their terms;-)

The best way to contact them for fastest service is by contact them at the website below.

http://unidensupport.com/Repair#return

They are usually very good about this issue. ALso from that site you can send them a note about the issue;-)

In any case, I will stick with you until this is complete.

Please rate kindly thus far, it won't cost you anything to rate my service to you kindly,

Then you can reach me by simply replying to this message anytime;-)

Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Tech Michael