Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

With audio books on Kindle, is there any function you can

Customer Question

With audio books on Kindle, is there any function you can set so that if someone falls asleep while listening, they can find their "bookmark" when they resume reading? So I suppose a function similar to the requirement for e-books to "turn the page" but in an audio format where the audio file is bookmarked in some way and requires the user to actively continue listening by hitting a button every few "pages". the particular scenario I have in mind is a relative who has gone blind but used to enjoy reading before bed. I suggested audio books to her, but the problem with these is she will fall asleep and it will continue playing, so she can't find where she was when she resumes listening. Any assistance greatly appreciated to help considerably improve this lady's quality of life. Many Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

There is no way when they fall asleep sorry, but when you open a book it should begin precisely where you ended the previous session after closing it. This is as close as you can get with this.