Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a nikon rangefinder, small and black, that is about 4

Customer Question

i have a nikon rangefinder, small green and black, that is about 4 or 5 years old, it will not read distance and the mode will not change. what do i have to do to get this repaired?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

First, if you feel like it, remove the batteries from the rangefinder, and leave it that way for overnight, to rest-reset it.

Then put the batteries back in again (and note: if they are rechargeables, be sure they are recharged for some time, at least 3 hours, before trying them again... if they are non-rechargeables, be sure to try other, fresh, batteries at least briefly, in this device.)

If that then reveals the problem to be permanent or persistent, you can send your rangefinder for repair to Nikon USA, by way of:

http://www.nikonusa.com/en/Service-And-Support/Service-And-Repair.page

If this is the information you needed, and answers your question completely, please rate my Answer. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.