Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a sky caddie touch ony bought this year and power

Customer Question

I have a sky caddie touch ony bought this year and power will not come What do I do;it is fully charged
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

(I advise you first of all, to check carefully as to whether you bought it less than a year ago.

If so, it is still within warranty and should be turned in to SkyCaddie at once for warranty repair, free of charge! ... provided that SkyCaddie's warranty period is not less than a industry standard 1-year term (some shoddy manufacturers don't warrant their product for that long, I admit I have found one or two in the course of many years. But this possible recourse is mentionable and worth a check... in fact: researching it, I find that unfortunately SkyGolf only warrants the SkyCaddie for 6 months. I'm sorry.)

Try removing the batteries, and leaving the SkyCaddie on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the device again.

Then try cleaning the terminals in the battery compartment, after removing the batteries, first by rubbing off with a fresh pencil eraser, then by wiping the terminals off with cotton swabs moistened in rubbing alcohol, then letting them dry off for 5+ minutes with the battery compartment door open, then try turning the device On again.

How long has the battery or batteries in the device been in-use?