Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Computer, Audio, Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Can't turn on my TV cause i lost the remote My TV is a LG

Customer Question

can't turn on my TV cause i lost the remote My TV is a LG 32LX 2D. Please help me.this time . I say that cause last night I asked the Experts to help solve an Apple Iphone issue for me but nothing worked. I hope to be successful this time. Thank you Also where can i check or update the firmware for my TV and how do I install it.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Mike G. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an experienced electronics field technician connected to you via this pay for assistance chat based support service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.

The tv has buttons along the bottom edge of the front right of the screen. You can use those buttons to turn the tv on, change inputs, volume, menu, channel. See page 11 of this user manual:

http://www.manualslib.com/download/93277/Lg-26lx1d.html

If there was a firmware update available, it would be posted on the LG support site for your model. I do not see one at this time:

http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-32LX2D

If you cannot get the tv to turn on by unplugging it's POWER cord, waiting a few minutes, plugging back in, using power button on front of tv, then it has an internal fault and needs repair. If you have experience with a meter then reply back and I can assist with diagnosis and ordering parts.

___________________________________________________________________

PLEASE, before you go be sure to click the POSITIVE RATING now. Doing so does NOT close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly does depend on your positive rating.

Clicking the "bad/poor" rating does NOT issue you a refund.

Thank you,