Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I cannot access Netflix, Amazon, etc. on my Samsung Smart

Customer Question

I cannot access Netflix, Amazon, etc. on my Samsung Smart DVR
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Sometimes the's apps break when there is an update to the firmware on the TV, but I do not know that to be the case here because you've only mentioned a Samsung DVR, but no model number or anything specific.

The home network changing should not affect anything except for the wireless settings maybe on each of the devices. If your wireless settings to connect the device are different from what they used to be, then you will have to update each of those devices to match the settings of the new router. Once you do that though you should be able to access all the same services that you are accessing before. The key here is to get the Samsung DVR connected to the Internet. And since your IP address is changed internally or because it may not even be connected to your Wi-Fi network it, you should go into the settings on the Samsung Smart DVR and check over the network configuration settings and make sure they match the network you are trying to connect to.