Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have a Knoll HD 110 projector and it blinks and will not

Customer Question

I have a Knoll HD 110 projector and it blinks green and will not turn on
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

It sounds like you're saying that you just replace the bulb recently and it made no difference? If that's the case then you may have a bad ballast. The ballast is the part of the projector into which the bulb attaches. The ballast is what carries constant voltage to the bulb and it is the 2nd most replaced part after the bulb itself. I would suggest taking a look at that and replacing it if necessary and I think that will resolve your problem. Please let me know if you still questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Michael thank you for your response. I just assumed it was a bad bulb but I guess it must be the ballast. Is that a part that I could go someplace to purchase on a Sunday for that projector?

I would say that's very unlikely. In fact, it's something that might be a little challenging to find even during the course of regular business. I mean, you will be able to get it but it is specific to the projector. I'm sure you could replace it with a different type of ballast since the electronics of the ballast a very simple – but I wouldn't even know where to start with doing that or if it is truly possible.