Joe
Joe, Mechanic
Experience:  Auto, Marine and Home Electronics professional. iphone, bluray and home theater setup and repair.
20508815

We bought a car 9months ago and today we had to buy a

Customer Question

We bought a car 9months ago and today we had to buy a battery for the car. Now that we have it running again. I can get into our stereo. Last owner know put a code, and I don't know it
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you, my name is Joe and I will be happy to assist you with your concern today.

Expert:  Joe replied 1 year ago.

Try the basics like 0000, 1234, 4321, 1111, 9999 are the most common. If not then I will need the make and model number, in most cases you will have 2 options which are visit a local car audio shop that deals in that brand which can unlock it or contacting the manufacture directly and proving ownership. Both usually do charge a fee, in some cases they may not charge, in most cases there is NO way around this esp aftermarket radios. A factory radio you will need to contact your local dealership which can provide the code. Now there is a chance in the owners manual (car or radio) that they wrote the code down.

Thank you!

- Joe

Please rate my answer when ready. Bonuses are appreciated.

If for any reason you are not satisfied please reply back to me for further assistance to which I will be glad to help you. If you have any problems for any reason please reply back and let me know.

Thanks again for using justanswer and have a great day!

If you need any further assistance you can reply back at any time for my help.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions you have even if not related.