Rusty
Rusty, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years electronics experience. How may I help you today?
63817454

I got a alpha 100 tracking collar hand piece and I upgraded

Customer Question

I got a alpha 100 tracking collar hand piece and I upgraded the softwear to 5.0 how do I downgrade it back to 4.70
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Rusty replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Rusty. Unfortunately, once you upgrade, it cannot be downgraded. When you receive the updates, it is a patch for your firmware, not a complete version of the operating system. That means even if 4.70 was available for download, it would try to patch over 5.0 and would deem it unusable.

Your best bet is to ask Garmin directly if they can load the original system onto the tracker. Click here to request the repair, or call(###) ###-####