Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an older(about 15yrs.) Bose that we bought new from

Customer Question

I have an older(about 15yrs.) Bose that we bought new from the company.It has had a problem since the beginning.I have it to play CDs but it only accepts about 1 in 4. It may not bring them completely in the door, or it may not eject them. Sometimes it takes them in but shows disc error or unable to read. Sometimes it plays a disc one day but won't play it the next.There is no consistency except for how I feel about this. At a cost of $500 I think it should work.I have been reluctant to seek help for fear of protracted hassle but I now have pressing need so here I am. Can you help me please.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and I'm sorry you're having problems. Offhand, you really should have vocalized this issue to Bose at the onset of the problem, the reason being is that there are no pushbutton fixes for this, and they only repair units that are under 10 years of age. A 15 year old unit with a problem from the get-go is not repairable due to lack of parts available. I am sorry for being the bearer of bad news, but there is literally only ONE solution to this problem and that is to contact Bose directly and request that you may trade this unit in towards purchase of a new/current model at a discounted price. This is something they have commonly done in the past. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix for this.

BOSE:

For assistance with your product, please call us toll-free at 1-***-***-****. For help with our aviation headsets, call 1-***-***-****.

For the best possible service, please have your product nearby when you call. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday: 8:30 AM – 8 PM ET

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?