Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have an error message on my panasonic DMP- BD35 set 3

Customer Question

i have an error message on my panasonic
DMP- BD35 set 3
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My email address is***@******.***
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What error message do you have please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When i power on my panasonic DMP-BD35 it says set 3
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. Have you tried unplugging the player from power for 10 seconds and plugging it back in to see if this clears it?

Also, how long have you owned the player for and when did the problem occur?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i unpluged it and it does not help. about 3 years ago i had this same problem and it was posted on the internet which i can find anymore that I typed in a code from the remote, and that fixed it. I no longer know that code
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hang tight. I've never even seen "Set 3" appear on this unit- and I have the same one. Looking.....

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Not sure if this is your fix, but please press the MENU button on the remote and let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried that, that does not work
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Press and hold [POWER] on the main unit for 3 seconds. (The settings remain unchanged.) — To return all settings to the factory preset:

Select “Yes” in “Restore Default Settings” in the Setup menu. This returns all values in the Setup menu and the on-screen menu, except for “Remote Control Code”, “On-screen Language”, “IP Address/DNS Settings”, “Proxy Server Settings”, “DVD-Video Ratings” and “BD-Video Ratings” to the default settings.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That does not work.
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

What does not work specifically? Are you able to get into the MENU- yes or no?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There should be a code that works with the remote
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

No code according to Panasonic. The message means the remote is in the wrong mode- and the player is not receiving commands. If you had a code before- that's something I'm not privy to.

Please reply back to what I asked above- CAN you get into the MENU using the remote- Yes or No?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is the end of this session. I will a new unit
good bye
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, the described message indicates a sync issue. Please see the link below.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/92079112/Panasonic%20DMP-BD35%20SET%20Remote.txt