Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I down loaded spyhunter-4, ran, found stuff, paid, erase

Customer Question

I down loaded spyhunter-4, ran, found stuff, paid, erase part, and then failed. Result, I can not use USB ports. Device lights up but pc doesn't display the device. It is as if it is not there. Checked thru control panel and USB's are current and okay. I also use Device Booster 2 to keep devices current.
One app can not access on-line. All else works, mail, Yahoo/Google, and apps accessing online.
Dealt with Spyhunter, not much in the help/technical side, and eventually they just gave me back my money. And finally-in a word-help!
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

What was your original reason for running spy Hunter? You have reasonably that you had spyware on your computer already? The first thing I would do is remove device booster 2. You don't need that and the only thing the software is good for is downloading spyware to your computer. I suspect that this is what caused the initial problem. I would go to Malwarebytes.com and download their free software and have it do a scan. When asked you if you want to initiate a trial of the paid version, answer no. This way it will stay as the free version and not expire when the trial is over. I would run a full scan and let it get rid of what it can if it finds anything. It is important to note how much it finds. It's also important to run it until it doesn't find any. If it keeps finding a significant number of items that it cannot get rid of, you may have to reinstall the operating system.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
needed to remove pop-ups. I visited BestBuy after being told wait for email. They solved my problem and without a charge.
Will not use this service again.
You're welcome. The time that I took to help you was my personal time and I'm not compensated for that time without a favorable rating. I had no way of knowing that you went somewhere else to solve your problem. And, the information that I gave you would have saved you the trip. The pop-ups that you're talking about is the adware to which I was referring. You asked for help and I graciously provided it on my own personal time. When you open your question you decide the priority and the detail required and the price you will pay for an accurate answer. These are all related. If you need an answer right away simply increase the priority.