Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Panasonic PTFW300NTU Projector that has started to

Customer Question

I have a Panasonic PTFW300NTU Projector that has started to lose video except for a small area to the right of the screen. I have replace the lamp. It seems to happen over 2.5hrs of use. Might think it is a heat problem but not sure. I have an image of the issue if need.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Check whether the cooling fan works. If the fan is not driving air through it, then it will overheat, and shut down owing to overheating. So if the fan is not working, that's what will happen.
Or if the fan is inefficient, or if the fan vent is partly blocked, or if the fan vent is very dusty (or the interior of the projector on the heat-sink surfaces) - or if the room is very hot - then that might happen over 2 1/2 hours, as you say, instead of almost immediately, as it would if the fan weren't working at all.
Opening it and cleaning it thoroughly (with the power Off, and unplugged from the power) is recommended.