Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

My father has an lg flat screen, a message saying pairing ok

Customer Question

My father has an lg flat screen, a message saying pairing ok lrp ch 3 has been flashing across the screen for months please help me fix it. The TV manual has disappeared.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello and sorry you're having problems. The "PAIRING OK LRP Ch (3)" indicates that the LG TV has successfully communicated its control data to the Media box using Channel 3. It is waiting for the next command to set-in its HRP pairing for the audio & video data.

So, if the message has been flashing- then the TV is losing communication to the Media Box- and this is either caused by a faulty connection from the source (cable box via HDMI, etc.).

How old is this TV and what is connected to the Media Box as a "source"?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The TV is about 8 years old and there is only a video player plugged in. The set top box is the receiver and the TV screen is just the monitor. Hope this makes sense. Call me on(###) ###-####if you like
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
TV is dated 10/09
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the reply. The message- again means that the unit is losing communication. This is either a problem with the "Source: (Video player- which doesn't tell me exactly what is connected), or the Media Box itself.

Also, the site charges $18 extra for a phone call- and it doesn't help us with Tech problems.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

So your first step is to SWAP the cable between the Video player and the Media Box, and if the issue persists try ANOTHER source (DVD player, etc.), to rule out whether the Source or Media Box is at fault.

If the issue persists beyond this, then the Media Receiver Box is faulty and would need repairs or replacement.

Unfortunately since this is such a common problem with these older LG sets, and the set is 6 years old- parts are scarce to non-available and component level repairs is the only option.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again Aric, the message on the TV is not flashing. I would like to know the next step after the pairing ok ch 3 message comes up. I feel there is a step that has been missed when the unit was set up. My father has changed the hdmi cord and still nothing. The TV is a monitor and it is separate from the receiver/set top box. I don't know what to call it. I am challenged when it comes to these things. Regards catherine
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Okay, you said it was flashing?

" a message saying pairing ok lrp ch 3 has been flashing across the screen for months please help me fix it. "

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

I know the TV is separate from the receiver- the receiver is INTEGRAL to the TV working though. It's an LG wireless Media Box. The box has to "pair" with the LG monitor, and then you would have programming. IF there is no programming- there is NO other step- the Media Box is bad, and this is what is causing your problem.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

The only other step that could have been missed is using the LG remote's INPUT button to select the HDMI Input that the HDMI cord is plugged into. Beyond that, the LG wireless Media Box is faulty.