Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

Cannot open the combination so the key will open the door,

Customer Question

cannot open the combination so the key will open the door, ,I haven't opened it in at least 4 to 7 years ,but now I need the paperwork from my divorce and death certificate from my daughters passing away in august 10 2000
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
My heartfelt condolences on the passing of your daughter.
If your safe is made by Sentry, here are the manufacturer's instructions for the dialing sequence, when you have a 3 digit combination:
First, 'clear' the dial by turning it several full revolutions either to the left or right, gently.
A. Start the dial at zero.
B. Turn the dial to the left. Make sure ZERO
passes the pointer at least THREE times. Then stop
at the first number of your combination.
C. Turn the dial to the right. Stop the SECOND
time you reach the second number of your
combination.
D. Turn the dial to the left. Stop the FIRST
time the pointer reaches the third number of your
combination.
---------------
See if this helps you get the safe open. If you also need to use a key, if it is a round, hollow key, use that first, REMOVE it from the keyhole and then dial your combination. Make sure your handle is in the absolute horizontal position before starting the opening sequence and turn your handle down after reaching the last number. If the handle won't turn down, try turning it up.
---If your safe is made by a different manufacturer and not Sentry, please let me know who the manufacturer is and I will be glad to continue to help.
If this doesn't work, I have a few more ideas, so please let me know if you need additional help.
I wish you much good luck with your safe!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest regards,
Cher