Richard, Customer Service
Experience:  Over 20 years fixing Electronically devices
32989067

This will be the very stupidest question you've ever had. (I

Customer Question

This will be the very stupidest question you've ever had. (I am so embarrassed that I'm glad I don't have to look you in the face and ask this question!)
First, I couldn't find my Kindle for 2 or 3 years. Now I have finally found it, bought a new charger and cord from you and plugged it in. How do I know it is charged sufficiently ?
Nothing is appearing on the screen,,,which is why I asked. So I plugged it in again.
What will it look like when it is fully charged? I also can't remember how to find books for the Kindle. Where do I look? When you stop laughing (which I absolutely deserve) would you/could you guide me through the process so that I will be able to navigate this by myself the next time?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. This is far from the stupidest question I have had.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This is usually an issue with the Firmware, so I would first like you to do this please.
Remove the charger from the Kindle and hold the power button to off for 35 seconds.
Release, then connect the charger and try to turn on the Kindle.
Let me know the results please
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing happened. But on the screen I now see a narrow black line that probably means that it is beginning to charge. Could that be right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It still shows the plug, the arrow and the lightning bolt.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thats correct, wait 30 minutes for it to get a good charge then repeat the instructions I gave and it should then start.
Ill be here so let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have been charging my Kindle for hours and nothing is happening. Same tiny dark bar on left hand side of the screen.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
It is the internal battery or mainboard that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to hard restart it.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to replace the Kindle, repairing these are just not worth it as the costs exceeds the value of a new Kindle. All your books though will be automatically transferred to the new Kindle when you register it.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you