John, Engineer and electronic enthusiast for more than 12 years.
Experience:  I am here to help you!
23822421

Oh gosh thanks. I'm trying to match a DEQ-P8000 with

Customer Question

Oh gosh thanks. I'm trying to match a DEQ-P8000 with matching cd/dvd playe/receiver. The specs on the Pioneer Site state only the AVH-P6800DVD, AVH-P5700DVD, AVH-P6600DVD, AVH-P6500DVD, DVH-P7000 and DVH-P5000MP are the compatible reccomended units.
However, these units can not be found new. Only used. The only units that can be found new, all have an X in front of the number or the letters NAVI behind it.
I have 2 questions.
1. Is there an updated model to hte 8000
2. Where can I find a list of updated player models that will work well with the 8000. I've seen a video of the 8000 working with a 4100 player and the features of controlling speaker phase, volume and width are exactly what i need and one of my top needs. Which players will do this for me?
Thanks,
Ben - A 40 year Pioneer Fan and Enthusast. Past owner of more than 20 Pioneer products.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ben,

So you want to stick with vintage electronics lol?

Or is it that you just want something that will for sure work with your DEQ-P8000 ?

Please explain clearly what you have and what you would like as far as , components that are compatible. It sure seems like you want to stick with Pioneer and that would be my choice as I am a nut for their equipment as well.

Let me know I will help as best I can with this.

Thanks Ben.

Tech Mike

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Mike,please let me know if youre up for this research or if you want to pass. I know it would be tedious nad time consuming. Maybe not worth your while. But just let me know.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Hi Ben, lol I know but I have some time to day and I like to help get these things sorted so the system will work well with the various components. Let me know what components you already have (if any) and what you would like to use with them. I think form what you say that you would like it all to be Pioneer? But let me know clearly on that as there is always Kenwood etc.

I'm here to help.

Thanks Ben.

Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.

Also I should add, I'm very picky when it comes to my own audio equipment so I know what you mean.