Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I dropped my 7d about 2 feet from the car seat to ground.

Customer Question

I dropped my 7d about 2 feet from the car seat to ground. Now the only way it turns onis if I hold pressure on the battery door. Is this a major repair issue?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That might be a fairly minor repair issue. Sometimes this sort of (evidently) damage to the battery compartment door can be cured, at least temporarily, with postal rubber bands (the heavy kind) wrapped around the camera to hold the battery compartment door firmly shut.
Or sometimes, the damage is so severe that the camera will have to be sent to Canon repair, disassembled, and parts replaced... perhaps the door, perhaps internal parts that cracked or broke upon impact, perhaps something else entirely though I doubt it.
To contact Canon repair, go to
https://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=onlineRepairLanding
I hope this advise is helpful and completely answers your question - if so, please rate my Answer - or, use the Reply function to briefly tell me how you would rate my work on your question. Thanks, ***** ***** luck.