Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

My safe its not woking ok ?? can you help me

Customer Question

hello, my safe its not woking ok ?? can you help me
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello, and welcome!
I would be glad to help you with your safe issue.
Can you please tell me the maker of your safe and your model number?
Does the safe also require a key to open, in conjunction with the combination?
Thanks for all your additional information.
Cher
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hi again,
I was hoping to hear right back from you with some additional information, but I can send my answer now, and if you need anything further, just click 'reply.'
I'm assuming your safe is electronic, since you mentioned entering your 4 digit code. If you are not absolutely sure of your code, you will need to contact the manufacturer to request your factory set combination. If your safe is made by Sentry, you can make that request here:
https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination
Just follow all the instructions and you can even request expedited delivery if this is an emergency situation.
If your safe is made by another manufacturer, just let me know and I will be glad to continue to help.
If you're 100% sure of your code and/or have your original manual, there are various reasons why your safe may not be opening.
If it is electronic, the first thing to do is replace the batteries with alkaline (never rechargeable) ones. If you've never done this before and/or are not sure where your batteries are located, please let me know the safe's manufacturer and if you have a round or rectangular keypad.
If your safe also requires a key to open, together with the combination, use the key first, then REMOVE the key and enter the code.
Make sure your handle is in the completely horizontal position and turn down within 4 seconds of entering your code. If the handle won't move down, try moving it up.
It's possible some contents in the safe shifted and something is blocking the opening mechanism inside the door. Try to tilt the safe to the side and/or back, to redistribute the inside contents.
If it still won't open, you can hit the safe door above and below the keypad with a rubber mallet or hammer with a towel wrapped around the head several times, so as not to damage the safe. Also hit it around all the edges of the door and on the top. Push in on the upper left side, as if you're closing the safe; extra pressure in that area usually helps, as the rubber gasket inside the door can swell due to weather conditions.
I hope this information was helpful, and you can open your safe. If not, you may have a defective part and a local locksmith or safe technician will be needed to help get it open. If it is a Sentry safe, you can call their Customer Service department and request a replacement safe, if there is a defective part, whether it is still under warranty or not. Sentry is pretty good about standing behind their products. Their phone number is: 1-***-***-****
Hours are Mon-Fri 8AM to 6PM, Eastern time.
I wish you much good luck with your safe!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest regards,
Cher