Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Guide button no longer works on my 3.21r remote

Customer Question

guide button no longer works on my 3.21r remote control#137180
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the button worked formerly, and now has ceased working, that is a different problem from :
if the button never has worked before.
The button might need programming - if you have bought the remote for yourself, rather than its coming with the TV or device you are controlling... then it most likely need programming to match your TV or device.
If the remote came with the TV, that might mean it really is broken, esp. if it worked before, and if the remote has been dropped onto a hard surface, or otherwise gotten dirty etc. Or it might mean the programming settings have been lost, and you need to re-program the Guide button to match your TV.
Let me know which of these cases is your case, and I will advise you further to the best of my ability.