Cher
Cher, Educator-40+ yrs
Experience:  M.A., B.A., Author, Information & Research Specialist
1470369

We have a small safe that i can not open. it has a tag that

Customer Question

we have a small safe that i can not open. it has a tag that has two numbers on it. CSW3813 andBA249654. we original programmed 29399 as the code to open it, but that is not working.is there a code to put in to get this open?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Cher replied 1 year ago.
Hello and welcome!
My name is ***** ***** I will be glad to help with your safe issue.
The tag with the two numbers are the model number (CSW3813) and the longer number is ***** serial number. You will need these two numbers to request your combination from Sentry (more on that, below).
If you programmed your safe code and changed it from the original, factory-set code it came with, you will need the original code from Sentry, to change the code or restore it back to the factory-set one. If the code you mentioned IS the original factory-set code the safe came with, there may be another problem, not involving the combination/code.
I'm glad that you changed the batteries, because that is usually the first thing to do, when your code doesn't work.
If your safe also requires a key to open, use the key first, then REMOVE it before entering your code because if the key is left in the keyhole, the safe will not take the code.
Here a website from Sentry, where you can request your combination; just follow all the instructions:
https://www.sentrysafe.com/CustomerCare/Lost_Your_Combination
Unfortunately, there is no 'master' or 'default' code to open these safes; you need to request your original combination from the manufacturer.
I hope you are successful in getting your safe open!
Please be so kind as to rate my answer with positive feedback so I receive credit for my assistance. Thank you.
Rating will not cut off our communication and you can click 'Reply' at any time to keep in touch with me or ask for any clarification or additional information.
Warmest regards,
Cher