Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a kindle model no. d00901 it is frozen up it got

Customer Question

i have a kindle model no. d00901 it is frozen up it got closed in my car door. can it be fixed.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.

Hello, It's hard to say if it can be fixed without knowing how bad the damage is internally. First you should try a reset as outlined below and see if that helps:

To do this, simply press and hold the power button on the Kindle for 25 seconds, then release and wait a full minute for it to reboot. If this does not cure the issue, oftentimes the reset procedure needs to be repeated several times for it to force a reboot.

If you're still running into problems, then try plugging the Kindle into the charger for 15 minutes, then eject it and try the reboot a couple of more times.

If the issue persists beyond this, then it would need to be sent to an E-Reader repair service (Amazon does not repair these devices). The folks at the link below are the best at this type of repair:

http://www.missionrepair.com

If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.

Expert:  Aric replied 1 year ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?