Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I cannot reset my R.C. E. WATCH I live in Ashburnham MA

Customer Question

I cannot reset my R.C. E. HOWARD WATCH I live in Ashburnham MA 01430
I have been told that my watch cannot function because I am "out of range." Is this true?
PS Had new battery installed.
Lloyd
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

This does not sound right to me. If by "out of range" you mean out of the range of a signal to synchronize time like NIST, then I would say this cannot be true. Even if it cannot synchronize with a signal, it will operate normally but without the feature of auto correcting for small time inaccuracies. Also, if it has synchronized for you before in the same area then I don't see how this would be possible. There are some places in the United States that did not get a signal very clearly but usually in your daily travels even if you don't have a signal at home, you will come across one that your watch will recognize and use to synchronize. The signals are not very strong but they are of a frequency that propagates well over long distances. It would be nearly impossible for you not to encounter one of the signals at least a few times per week if this is not what you are referring to, please let me know whatever additional detail you can and I'll help you work it out.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, I am pleased to know that I can synchronize in my area. It sounds like I don,t know how to reset so as to operate normally
(I don,t have a manual). I would appreciate your instructions. The date is working but time is frozen.
Thanks,
Lloyd
Lloyd, there are not manuals for all models, but if you can tell me which model you have, I will see if I can get the manual for you.