Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I bought a control4 remote model #c4-sr250B-z- C4 system. Is

Customer Question

I bought a control4 remote model #c4-sr250B-z-b for my C4 system. Is there anyway I can get this synced with my system and not have my dealer come out?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
Unfortunately, the only way to do this is through the Composer HE software. If you do have that, I can give you the instructions on what you would need to do to synchronize the remote. But if you don't have it, it would be extremely difficult to do or actually impossible to do without it. You would have to somehow obtain the software and then you could do it. And if you don't have the software, it would end up being more expensive to acquire it then it would be to have somebody come out. In this case and with these products they are very protective over the market of their products and that unfortunately means that they are not always trying to find things that would be the most efficient way of doing it to you. They give tools specifically to their dealers so they can do things in your home and charge you for it. But if there is anything else I can do for you or if you do happen to have the software, I can tell you what to do do when you get into it.