Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a Garmin bicycle, the number on the back is

Customer Question

I have a Garmin for my bicycle, the number on the back is 22M380815, when I first got the Garmin about a year ago I loved it, but I had to replace a battery in the sensor and ever since its accuracy has gone to pot. it registers 2, 2.5, to 3 MPH slower then I am really going, thus my distance traveled id also off. My wheel size is 700X230, I just don't know what to do to bring the accuracy back.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I regret I am not able to call you at this time, but - if my guess is correct - you need to do a simple procedure on your Garmin device, which is detailed on this page:
https://support.garmin.com/support/searchSupport/case.faces?caseId={8c7b7b10-0424-11de-76c5-000000000000}
My guess is, that you have a Garmin Edge device. The number on the back is presumably a serial number, for it does not signify anything to me on a search.
If it is a Garmin Edge model, then choosing a wheel size will help recalibrate your Garmin's readings for distance, etc. I would guess that the wheel length from the table, that matches yours, would be 2086 mm.
So, go to the bike profile on your Garmin Edge device (if that's what it is) and enter a 'custom wheel size', of 2086 mm.
(If I have guessed wrong, and your device is not a Garmin Edge, then I apologize, and I will Opt Out in favor of another Expert... or if model information on your Garmin device is made available to me, I will try to give you better advice on my next try.)