Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I have a pioneer appradio 3 that was working fine until the

Customer Question

I have a pioneer appradio 3 that was working fine until the back up camera was hooked up wrong and ground out now the unit will not power on. Is there anything I can do to reset it or is it fried?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Louie replied 1 year ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,
Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...
Initially, proposed preliminary checks (if have not been tried) would be to check/replace the 10A fuse at the rear of the Pioneer. Additionally, a review / re-check that:
• yellow wire is getting an always available +12 such as from the battery's + terminal;
• red wire from a switched +12 such as the ACC terminal of the ignition switch; and
• black wire tied to a metal support, bracket or frame and not only to the harness ground line.
All others would be internal and would require the use of a multimeter.