Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. Master Certified Electronics Tech and Technical Consultant
23511658

I have an Sangean PR-D15 with rechargeable batteries. only

Customer Question

i have an Sangean PR-D15 with rechargeable batteries. only a week. i played it with only battery power. batteries have gone dead. POWERFAILURE is on display. i have since plugged it in. batteries are recharged 100% . Message is still POWERFAILUR. How do i get the power on. ?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. Unfortunately, this is a common failure with the PR – D 15. It is not related to the batteries but rather the internal power supply. It's not related to the power cord either as one would intuitively expect. The only way to correct the problem is to replace it. Since this is a known problem with this model, if you are still within the exchange., I would suggest returning it and getting a different model to replace it. If you like suggestions in you can tell me what your needs are I'll be happy to help you with that. Mike