Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

I want to use a 2N2222 / 2N3904 NPN transistor (with base voltage

Customer Question

I want to use a 2N2222 / 2N3904 NPN transistor (with base voltage 5v from Arduino) to switch on and off a load which uses 3v (2 AA batteries) and 4.5 V (3 AA batteries).
What should be the resistance values?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi very interesting I build robot as a major hobby and am thinking of using the Arduino as sub processors in a large robot.Did you want to use the NPN the 3904 or the 2222, both will work but I would use the 3904 NPN as it will function as a switch to power the higher current draw and will be fine to use on the Arduino at about 2.5 vdc.I would like to know what your use for that processor is, if you will share;-)Please rate my service to you kindly before closing this page, then you can reach me anytime you have a question on this at no additional cost also there is no cost to you to rate.Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
w
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Not sure if you git this one?Hi very interesting I build robot as a major hobby and am thinking of using the Arduino as sub processors in a large robot.Did you want to use the NPN the 3904 or the 2222, both will work but I would use the 3904 NPN as it will function as a switch to power the higher current draw and will be fine to use on the Arduino at about 2.5 vdc.I would like to know what your use for that processor is, if you will share;-)Please rate my service to you kindly before closing this page, then you can reach me anytime you have a question on this at no additional cost also there is no cost to you to rate.Thank youTech Michael