Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My cannon printer pro 9000 got jammed with my 5x7 photo paper.

Customer Question

my cannon printer pro 9000 got jammed with my 5x7 photo paper. I think I must of put to much paper in. how can i get the paper out
Category: Consumer Electronics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am ready for some help on my cannon printer by phone(###) ###-####
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I am not going to call you. I may need to send you links, pictures and videos. None of that can be done on the phone. Where in the machine is the paper jammed?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
freddy I just got your message. my paper is jammed as it went down into the printer all of the 5x7 pages went down at the same time
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i put in 15 sheets not thinking that it would be jammed. of the 5x7 paper. when looking at the printer you do not see the paper but when you open the top up you see the paper. .
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Thank you looking at this image:
http://kbsupport.cusa.canon.com/system/storage/1/kb/attachments/ServiceWareImages/LDImages/WSSS/NewWSSSImages/G0044590.png
Where the arrow is pointing pull the machine (not very hard) towards you.
Then grab the paper with your other hand and slowly move it side to side, you may have to do it one piece at a time.
It should come out this way but it will be very slow.
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i do not see a arrow
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
The picture I sent has a blue arrow on it, not your machine.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
test
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
What happened when you tried what I sent you?
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i could not get the paper to move
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts.
.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
do i still stay on this page
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do what I can to provide the right answer to your question.
Cases where a whole sheaf of paper feeds in at once are unfortunate and difficult of remediation. My opinion in this case is, that you should perhaps avoid trying! which might cause more damage. And if something needs repairing anyway, you might as well leave the paper in the machine undisturbed and have the repair tech take care of that too.
But that opinion depends upon two questions:
1. Is the paper not at all visible from the outside, i.e. has it fed all the way into the machine?
2. Is the paper stuck under the carriage? or is the carriage, that carries the ink cartridges, off to one side from the paper? Go ahead and turn the printer Off first, wait for it to settle down, then open the top of the printer, and see where the carriage is, and whether the paper is under it or not.
Let me know, and I will advise you further.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the ink is off to the side on the right you cannot see the ink cart, the paper is visible when you open the and the middle flaps
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
top flap and the middle flap
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Trying to remove the paper won't rub against the carriage and damage the printhead or the carriage, then. But if you cannot budge even one of the sheets of paper that are stuck in the printer, then the printer will have to go to a repair shop, and perhaps be disassembled slightly to get the paper loose. I don't see any other conclusion, unfortunately, given that you have tried to free up the paper already and failed, even when following sensible advice. If I may assist you in locating a repair shop local to you, let me know what your locale is - by zip code, for instance. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
zip 85749
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Try these service locations - call them first, of course, to make sure they can help with your specific model # :
Arizona Printer Services Incorporated
7349 E Broadway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85710 (###) ###-####
- is highly rated by reviewers.
There are also
Computer & Printer Specialists Inc
3959 E Speedway Blvd Suite 315
Tucson, AZ 85712 (###) ###-####
and
Arizona's Printer Services
7349 E Broadway Blvd.
Tucson, AZ 85710 (###) ###-####
which are unrated, but the listings look more promising than others, perhaps.
And if those three are none of them helpful - or are out of business, moved out of your region, perhaps, etc. - then one of these might work out:
https://www.thumbtack.com/az/tucson/printer-repair/
Call before going, of course, to check that
1. they are still in business at the location listed
2. they fix your model of printer
3. their estimate of the cost of fixing this problem: 'photo paper stuck in ______' [<-your model of printer] is acceptable.
Good luck. (Please rate my Answer - or Reply letting me know what rating you would wish to apply to my work on your question. Thanks.)