Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Xerox 3635mfp jamming after ADF replaced. ??

Customer Question

Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
If the jamming was in the document feeder / ADF before you replaced the ADF, otherwise known as a 'document jam', then perhaps the jamming - if you have replaced the ADF as a whole, with a working ADF, and have connected all the connectors properly, etc. - was caused by a control board fault, sensing the presence of paper incorrectly, and causing a spurious document jam signal.
So check the board(s) that the ADF is connected to - reseat the connectors on those boards, that go to the ADF and its motors and sensors, and try again. Then, unfortunately, you may have to replace the board or boards, esp. if you cannot find any fault in the connectors nor in the wires that go from them to the ADF.