Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My aperture is stuck at 3.2 when I'm in M mode on my 5D mark2.

Customer Question

My aperture is stuck at 3.2 when I'm in M mode on my 5D mark2. I tried using a different lens and the same thing happened. I also tried using the switch above the on switch it still was the same. However the aperture moves when you are in aperture priority mode or automatic. Can some help me?
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. It is possible that you need to try doing a factory settings reset on the camera. Usually that function is found in the Setup menus, often at the bottom of all the various Setup menu choices, where the last option is 'RESET' or 'RESET ALL'. Choose that option, confirm the choice if prompted, and all individual settings and configurations (but not your pictures) will be reset to factory-issue values. That might help. Also, try removing the batteries, and leaving the camera on a (dry, non-humid, non-dusty) shelf for overnight. Then put the batteries back in and try the camera again. How old is the camera? in months or years since you bought it. Has the camera been dropped or otherwise subjected to mechanical shock(s) in its lifetime?Has the camera been operated in or subjected to, temperatures below 32 degrees F (freezing point) or above about 100 degrees F ?Has it ever been subjected to a humidity higher than 85 % or gotten wet ?Has the camera been operated in a gritty or sandy environment, such as a beach, a seaside, a construction site, or the like?