Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

My Canon IS binoculars went into Lake Winnipesaukee on July

Customer Question

My Canon IS binoculars went into Lake Winnipesaukee on July 14 along with me. It is model CE serial no. 11200616. Can they be repaired? And if so where? I am located in New Milford CT 06776. Water got into them but they still show an image with a few internal water marks.
Category: Consumer Electronics
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Hi wow I'm sorry,How old are your binoculars?How soaked did the get with the water, was it dripping out from them?Please explain.Thank youTech Michael
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
14 yrs old. Yes water was dripping out or them after removing them from the lake.
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for that, sometimes they wont get so much water that there is a home solution but not in this case;-(
The best place to send this for repair is http://binocularservice.com/
They have great reviews from my customers on line;-)
Also they are fair priced and do their service work in an efficient manner so you will have them back quickly.
Its best to call them to set up the repair and for shipping details.
You can reach them at(###) ###-####
Please let me know if I can be of further service to you.
Have a great day!
Thank you and please rate kindly.